We’re adopting a baby!
Dr. Robyn Silverman
We’re excited to announce to our Powerful Parent community that we’re adopting a baby, due March 1st! We’ve been matched with a wonderful couple since early July. We couldn’t be more excited!
The picture above is from our ultrasound appointment that we went to in early October with our birth-parents. We found out at that time, we would be having a daughter!
We’ll be going out for the birth in about 5-6 weeks and are honored to be included in the delivery room.
FAQ about Dr. Robyn’s adoption:
(1) What country are you adopting from? United States
(2) Do you know what you’re having? It’s a girl!
(3) What kind of adoption is it? Open adoption. We speak/text with the birth parents often and have become quite close. We adore them. Our birth mom tell us what’s going on with the pregnancy, plays the CD we made for the baby each day, and sends us pictures as she grows. She even sent us a picture of the baby kicking at her belly! We are thrilled that we’ll continue to have contact with them after the birth to update them on how the baby is doing, send them pictures, and visit, when possible! After doing a lot of reading on open adoption, we decided that it was the best option for us because we want our child to have the opportunity to ask questions, know who her birth parents are, and get the full story with no secrets. When we met our birth parents face to face, we were even more certain of our decision.
(4) Was the adoption process grueling? No, we’ve had a great experience. Once we got approved for our home study, which happened very quickly, we were matched with our wonderful birth parents 15 days later. It’s been a pleasure getting to know them and being a part of the pregnancy since our baby was only 5 weeks in utero. What an amazing blessing!
(5) Aren’t you nervous that…At first, of course we were nervous. It was all so new! But as we’ve had the opportunity to talk, spend time, and get to know our birth-parents, we are certain of our decision just as our birth mom is certain of hers. I think of myself as a great judge of character, after all, it’s what I do! We really like and respect our birth parents and they’ve been forthright in expressing their feelings towards us and the adoption as well. Our face to face visit with them in October made all 4 us know we were destined to meet. Since then, our mutual positive feelings for each other have been reaffirmed time and time again.
Feel free to ask questions. We are so happy about our adoption and are grateful for all the love and support that our friends and family have given us during this incredibly special time. We wanted to let you in on the good news as well.
Some other blogs that cover adoption/children who were adopted: