We want children to learn how to work as a team. However, so many people feel that you can actually get more done alone rather than with the help of others. While that can sometimes be true when working with people who are goofing off or being counterproductive, working as a team with productive, willing people can actually help children get more done!Just check out what these powerful kids have been able to do!
Ask your children:
(1) What are their favorite teams? Why?
(2) When do teams work well? When do teams NOT work well?
(3) If they were leading a team that was not working well together, what would they say to their team to help them grow together?
Discuss with your children:
(1) The teams you’ve been on and what you’ve experienced while on them.
(2) The most successful team you’ve ever been on and why.
(3) The least successful team you’ve been on and why.
At your Powerful Words Member School this month, we will be going over all this plus much more. It’s an important month to learn about teamwork so keep us posted on how your children are doing and what lessons they’re putting to work at home, at school, and out in the community. Check back with us often as we’ll be talking a lot about teamwork this month here at the Powerful Parenting Blog!